A Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial planning and analysis of a company, allowing the organisation to make well-informed commercial decisions.
At the heart of a Finance Analyst job description should be the ability to determine the best use of resources to achieve business objectives. They will be expected to produce regular reports using financial data, and work collaboratively across the entire finance team to analyse business performance and strategy.
Financial Analyst duties and responsibilities
A Financial Analyst forecasts future revenue and expenditures to help determine budgets for upcoming projects. A typical Financial Analyst job description should highlight researching and reporting on financial information, as well as monitoring financial movements within the market.
A Financial Analyst job description typically includes:
- Analysing current and past financial data
- Looking at current financial performance and identifying trends
- Preparing reports on the above information and communicating the insights of these reports to the wider business
- Consulting with the management team to develop long-term commercial plans
- Suggesting budgets and improvements based on the above information
- Exploring different investment opportunities
- Developing financial models and providing financial forecasts
- Developing initiatives and policies that may improve financial growth
Financial Analyst job qualifications and requirements
A degree in one of the following subjects should be included in a Financial Analyst job description:
A Finance Analyst is also expected to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Experience with statistical analysis and financial forecasting
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify data patterns
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Abreast of industry updates
Are you looking for a Financial Analyst role? Click here to view our latest jobs available.