Senior AWS Solution Architect(CH11051210)
Location : Shanghai
Post Date : 12 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : CH11051210
Line of Business : IT & Technology
Our client is looking for an experienced database developer with a strong SQL Server background. In this fast-paced role you will be working to design, build and develop a new server with the right database architecture. If you consider yourself an authority on writing SQL code and love developing new systems, this may be the position for you.
Work with CTO to define the overall cloud strategy and roadmap for the whole enterprise
- Manage all levels of AWS services and resources within the organization which consist of live, staging, and qa environments
- Include implementation of monitoring, reporting, deploying, refining and automating configurations on all AWS resources, and working with external and internal users on AWS issue troubleshooting
- Participate on the regular review, planning, audit of AWS hosted infrastructure for security, performance, and resource optimization
- Perform these responsibilities as an individual and as part of the team
- Diagnose and address issues in a timely and effective manner
- Act as technical expert to support application developing team in terms of AWS scaling and bring the designs from concept to production
- Continually think and challenge existing processes to improve efficiency, create and update our AWS standards and ensure that the AWS resources are deployed to these standards
- Assist in server and network administration in corporate datacentre and Amazon cloud
- Work closely with regional & global IT support teams to resolve or follow up any IT support requests
- In a secondary role, the AWS solution architect will be expected to provide support extending beyond AWS in corporate datacentre and Amazon cloud
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree relatively in computer science and technology
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment supporting IT infrastructure
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working with Amazon Web Services and/or Cloud based systems
- Thorough understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and public & private &hybrid Cloud
- Expert experience of architecting services of AWS on a theoretical and practical level (EC2, EBS, VPC, Security Group, ELB, ASG, AZ, CloudWatch, ECS, Labmda, APIGW, etc)
- Extensive experience with migrating IT infrastructure from corporate datacentre to AWS
- Extensive experience on automated AWS resources monitoring and configuring using scripts such as JSON
- Strong background in maintaining and supporting virtual environments and virtual datacentre
- Minimum 3+ years hands-on experience implementing, supporting and designing highly available, cross-regional and large scale AWS infrastructure and topology is necessary
- In-depth knowledge of scripting language (Python, bash, powershell), major operating system, networking virtualization, storage, disaster recovery, monitoring/alert systems is highly desirable
- To operate AWS platform through AWS SDK, AWS CLI is mandatory
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills including ability to perform root cause analysis
- Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a diversified workload
- AWS Solution Architect Associate Level is required, Professional Level is a plus
You are passionate about data - how it is captured, stored and managed securely, and you share this enthusiasm with colleagues. You are a creative thinker who can see new innovations – with the business insights to know what is feasible. You have developed an impressive career history to date and now you are ready to take the next step in your career.
What’s on offer?
- An exceptional opportunity to be part of a growth-focused company that champions innovation and excellence.
- A brilliant role that will build on your current skill set and expand your career potential.
- A fast-paced, high energy workplace where no two days are ever the same.
- The camaraderie of an impressive team in an environment where work-life balance is reassured.
- A clear career path backed by ongoing training, development and mentoring.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.