Location : Shanghai
Post Date : 23 August 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : FZ9216184
Line of Business : Finance & Accounting
Here is an exciting opportunity to fast-track your career as a Senior Accountant. Our client is a well-known firm with a strong reputation in its industry, hoping to build on an already impressive team.
This role offers brilliant long term potential and a strong package of benefits including ongoing professional development. We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced environment to support the firm's continued success.
This position is involved with the financial affairs of a growing, global logistics company’s subsidiaries in the Asian region. Position will be an integral part of our Asian accounting center based in Shanghai as well as being an integral part of the implementation of the new ERP, our company’s new worldwide accounting system. Position reports to the VP/CFO and Corporate Controller based in the US corporate office and provides financial advice and counsel for country managers throughout Asia.
Detailed Job Duties:
1. Present accurate and timely monthly financial reports for China and Singapore subsidiaries
2. Maintain reports in both local standards and as required by US GAAP accounting
3. Manage cash position of subsidiaries; communicate with corporate if issues arise
4. Make certain that invoices for logistic services are billed and collected timely
5. Review transportation related invoices to determine if they are accurate based on budget
6. Analysis of job costs to determine and analyze deviations
7. Reconciliation of bank accounts to the accounting records
8. Review general ledger entries for accuracy in preparation of monthly statements
9. Interface with accounting firms on issues as they arise, including VAT tax issues
10. Work with accounting firms to file all tax and regulatory reports timely
11. Respond to questions from corporate accounting personnel
12. Prepare account analyses as requested by accounting firm or corporate office
13. Reconcile monthly revenues and costs to operational data and propose any required accruals
14. Assist regional managers in preparation of annual budgets for region
15. Work with corporate officers if a new subsidiary is being established in the region
16. Be a part of ERP implementation project for the Asian subsidiaries.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting principles
• Knowledge of logistics and shipping industry preferred
• Good computer knowledge, good in Excel and Word
• Knowledge of integrated accounting systems, preferably SAGE300
• English ability to fluently communicate to USA Corporate office
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently and under pressure
• Team player willing to assist others and roll up their sleeves
• Passport required for international travel, if engaged for the