Principal System Engineer (TW10084826)
RMB300000 - 400000 / 0
March 30, 2018
IT and technology
The Principal Systems Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be a citizen of China who has worked in technology for more than seven years in a multinational business larger than $2B US annual revenue and is looking to continue his career residing in Shanghai or Hong Kong.
The successful engineer selected for this position will participate in technical research and development as well as implementation and operational excellence to provide guidance and ownership in the infrastructure space for continuous innovation within the business while it embarks on a multi-year technology transformation process.
The Principal Systems Engineer will have depth of knowledge in both Windows and Linux platforms as well as significant experience in the selection and provisioning of server hardware, SANS, OS provisioning, ITIL and industry standard project methodology.
This technical leadership position will require outstanding written and verbal communication skills, in both Chinese and English to facilitate the integration and excellence of the global information technology team.
- Highly developed abilities in problem solving, performance tuning and abstract thought
- Engineering mind-set coupled with business communication skillset
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Enterprise infrastructure tool landscape (deployment, monitoring, tuning, load-balancing)
- Primarily Linux and some Windows administration server technology
- Extensive Storage Area Network administration and optimization experience/ NAS is a plus
- Exposed to LAN and WAN network analysis and troubleshooting
- Windows MCSA Certification or equivalent
- Linux CompTIA Certification, Red Hat Certification or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Master’s Degree is preferred
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible system engineering experience.