Principal Network Engineer (TW10069700)
Location : Shanghai
Post Date : 18 September 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : TW10069700
Line of Business : IT & Technology
The Principal Network Engineer is responsible for the design, presentation, procurement, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the security, network communication and infrastructure technologies for a global business with a substantial presence in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and other APAC locations.
The Principal Network Engineer is responsible for creating scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and understanding of enterprise class voice and data solutions from Cisco, F5, Juniper, Avaya, Palo Alto, and other secure network and voice infrastructure manufacturers. Candidates must have a solid understanding of network and security design principles based on industry best practices.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design expertise, be highly motivated about learning new products and technologies, be able to effectively communicate with members of team both in APAC and globally (both verbally and in writing), ensure superior customer service, and maintain strong relationships with technology providers and the business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a citizen of China or Hong Kong who has worked in technology for more than seven years in a multinational business larger than $2B US annual revenue and is looking to continue his career residing in Shanghai or Hong Kong.
The successful engineer selected for this position will participate in technical research and development as well as implementation and operational excellence to provide guidance and ownership in the network infrastructure space for continuous innovation within the business while it embarks on a multi-year technology transformation process.
This technical leadership position will require outstanding written and verbal communication skills, in both Chinese and English to facilitate the integration and excellence of the global information technology team.
- Expertise in switching, routing, DNS, DHCP, BGP, QoS, Firewall & VPN services
- Engineering of solutions for multiple collocated data centers, infrastructure projects and identification and execution for tier one operational needs.
- Leadership and definition of process and procedures in the installation and ongoing configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and IDS solutions, load balancers and collocated network infrastructure.
- Mentoring of the global team in order to achieve alignment with these defined standards for both project and SOP requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, alerting and logging standards and selection and implementation of the tools necessary to achieve operational excellence in these areas.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards by being a senior member of the global infrastructure services team.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for network administration tasks in pursuit of operational excellence.
- Identify and evangelize approaches that leverage our global infrastructure resources and provide economies of scale throughout the business.