PMO Supervisor –Global Information Technology (9 months)
RMB480000 - 600000 / annum
December 6, 2018
Robert Half Management Resources is the world's number one specialist in interim management and project consulting. As a division of Robert Half, we have more than 60 years' experience in project staffing, which enables us to provide the highest quality of service to our clients and to our finance & IT consultants and project professionals.
Our client is a multinational food and agriculture company is currently expanding its market in China.
The PMO supervisor in Global IT will provide leadership and manage a team of Project Managers delivering on part of the overall APAC project portfolio, you will ensure that projects provide defined deliverables within committed time, quality and cost. The Supervisor will actively coach and mentor Project Managers as they lead small to complex large-scale projects, some of which are multi-functional and/or involve multiple business units. You will ensure consistent and appropriate use of PM processes, tools and methods that are used in the region.
The PMO Supervisor will also focus on PM process improvements, project value realization, and other project metric adoption. As well, you will have some monthly budget responsibilities.
Business Solution Management
• Serve as the direct line supervisor for project managers within Region.
• Includes talent selection for entry-level and experienced hires, employee coaching, performance management, individual Development Planning, mentoring and leadership, compensation management, creating a successful and engaging work environment, and contractor/vendor management.
Project, Portfolio and Process Leadership:
• Ensure PDP and other Project Management processes are implemented and followed by the PMs on your team. Participate in regional PMO leadership meetings where we discuss demand for PMs for our regional and global PMO.
• Resolve escalation of issues that come to the Regional PMO from our business partners.
• Lead teams through process improvement initiatives within the PMO around project management. Partner with other leaders in Global IT (ie: Business Partnering, Service Ops, Tartan, etc.) to ensure End To End delivery of solutions to our business partners.
Business Results, Metrics, Scorecards, and Reporting
• Coordinate monthly standard project status updates including oversight for data collection and facilitation.
• Provide ad-hoc updates on projects as requested.
• Regularly measure and monitor project progress to identify variances from the plan and work with PMs to make any needed corrections.
Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Participate in monthly and yearly budget activities. Other duties as assigned that may include leading projects time permitting.
In order to be successful on this engagement, you have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, MIS or computer science or equivalent degree
• 7+ years of IT experience
• Supervisory experience or proven team leadership/coaching/mentoring
• Ability to lead teams through change
• General knowledge and experience in portfolio management and project delivery process methodologies, other associated methodologies, techniques and tools.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Problem solving skills and active inquiry skills
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and resources effectively
• Collaboration and influencing skills across teams, functions, and platforms
• Highly proactive with strong engagement skills
• Acquire project experience, which align common processes, consolidate software portfolio and upgrade technology infrastructure to meet SI 2015 aspirations.
• Demonstrate broad perspective of business environment.
• Apply knowledge to new and more complex situations.
• Leverage knowledge, perspectives and experience from working with globally diverse team.
• Be part of new or unfamiliar role, building / being part of a new global team, dealing with ambiguity.
• Influence people without direct authority.
• Create a process from the ground up.
• Collaborate across process areas and across the organization.
• Increase business-partnering skills.
ShanghaiRoom 1912-14 19th Floor Shanghai Two ICC
No. 288 South Shaanxi Road Xuhui District Shanghai
Shanghai Shi 200031 +86 21 6032 0555