Data Architect (PZ14351031)
Location : Shanghai
Post Date : 31 October 2017
Employment Type : Permanent
Job Order Number : PZ14351031
Line of Business : IT & Technology
Our client is a leading company enjoying sustainable long term growth, and ongoing expansion has created an opportunity for you to bring your outstanding skills as a Data Specialist to a team renowned for their drive and dedication. This company offers an exceptional workplace where you will feel respected and valued. Be rewarded by the energy of a challenging yet dynamic environment where ongoing training and exposure to a wide variety of projects will expand your skill set and underpin unlimited career potential.
You will lead the development of a high level solution design for the company’s big data platform, helping to develop innovative approaches for data ingestion, preparation and onward transmission. Your technical skills will be tested as you support data integration into the wider information landscape including data warehousing and data discovery platforms. Tap into your impressive analytical skills through data modelling including surrogate key approach, and integrating with existing analytics and business intelligence tools.
- Define vision, blueprint, strategy, & principles for data management including sources system design and BI data warehouse design
- Lead key data migration and integration projects
- Lead medium to high complexity data modelling, data mining and data warehouse initiatives
- Define standards and processes for data governance, data modelling, and data naming conventions
- Enforce data governance and standards among different development teams
- Develop a strategic inventory of data needed for BI
- Work in a consultative manner with system owners to gather data modelling requirements, define modelling needs, solution design and recommend best solution design practices
- Research new opportunities /technologies for data acquisition, visualisation and data mining.
- Write ETL development specification and run POC to prove data transformation, migration or integration
- Help mentor other system owners or junior level team members on best data architecture practices
- Provide guidance and assistance for the big data analytics project
- 10 + years of experience in a data-related specialization (data integration, data modelling, data warehousing, BI or etc.) and 5+ years in data architect and design area
- Excellent in data architecture, modelling, management, and governance design for enterprise systems and data warehouse
- Excellent in T-SQL and familiar with MS SQL Server or other RDMS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communications
- Experience in established and emerging data technologies e.g. Microsoft SQL Stack, NOSQL DB, predictive analytics, data visualization
- Experience in leading large data migration and integration projects
- Experience in creating master data management and business glossary framework is a big plus
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to make things happen
- Strong problem solving and logical thinking skills - the ability to take complex ideas and break them into logical actionable steps
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind-set
- Familiar with any big data DB technologies such as NO SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB and etc. is a big plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other related majors
You have an exceptional depth of experience combined with brilliant technical expertise. You have the creative flair to develop innovative solutions and the business insights to recognise commercial strategies. You are highly self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks at once, and your extraordinary organisational skills allow you to complete complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Outstanding communication skills are one of your best assets, allowing you to explain complex ideas clearly and concisely to colleagues who may not have an IT background.
What’s on offer?
- A brilliant opportunity to work for a highly respected organisation that values innovation and rewards excellence.
- The support of a team of like-minded experts, who together, represent some of the best in the business.
- A fast-paced workplace where no two days are ever the same.
- Extensive professional training and development to grow your skill set.
- Excellent career potential with a well-mapped out career path and ongoing mentoring.
- A company that actively promotes flexibility and work-life balance.
Robert Half Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of categories protected under local law.