China Financial Controller （AR885196）
RMB500000 - 700000 / annum
May 14, 2019
Finance and accounting
The Company (Or Short Summary)
A Global Leading Architecture Consulting Firm
Our client is one of the leading architecture, interior design, engineering, and urban planning firms in the world, with a reputation for design excellence and a portfolio that includes some of the most important architecture of the 20th and 21st centuries. Since its inception, our client has been a leader in the research and development of innovative technologies, processes, and ideas, many of which have had a lasting impact on the built environment. Our client has been honored with more than 1,700 awards. Our client maintains offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, and Mumbai.
The Financial Controller is to have responsibility for all financial matters in the Shanghai office, and participate as a business leader and advisor to the Partners. The financial controlled will lead other members of the finance team and build successful relationships with the design project teams.
- Management accounting - Ensure that all transactions are appropriately posted and that all Billing invoices are raised promptly, including expenses and consultants; take full responsibility for the monthly Office financials on both a cash and accrual basis; deliver actual results in line with Firmwide deadlines.
- Project accounting - Ensure that all projects are being appropriately accounted for and that all projects have an up to date project plan of resourcing and costs in the “Vision” resource management software package.
- Work closely with the Managing Partners and project managers to both provide and interpret project information and guide their decision making with sound financial advice.
- Drive process improvement in the use of Vision and the accounting system to enhance management information.
- Forecasting / Budgeting - Prepare a full budget / reforecast to the end of the Financial Year for the office which includes a full re-assessment of billings, collections of fee revenue and staffing levels based on information from the project managers and Managing Partners; ensure “Vision” reflects the current billing expectations against each project.
- Bid for new work - Provide financial leadership to the bid teams when competing for new work. Advise on potential profitability based on fee structures proposed and where possible ensure that appropriate project plans have been prepared to support fee quotes.
- Income Taxes / TCC’s /VAT / Other Tax - Assist Central Finance in managing/planning SOM Shanghai Corporate Income Taxes: coordinate analysis & meetings with outside tax advisors; obtain Tax Clearance Certificates; manage inter-office payments; review and submit VAT Tax returns, respond to VAT Tax related questions, ensure that VAT Tax transactions are accounted for correctly.
- Internal Audit - Lead staff in developing and performing various internal audit functions to ensure compliance with policies; support Central Finance in developing policies.
- Payroll / Office Lease / Expense Control - Manage Office Payroll including payments to Foreign Nationals / Expats; manage office lease and expense policy management.
- Special Projects - Assist in various special projects from time to time.
- Client Invoicing - Oversee and as appropriate have a hands-on involvement to ensure all invoices are issued in a timely manner; provide all supporting documentation, particularly for reimbursable expense invoices; obtain project manager approval for each invoice; maintain the invoice log of invoices sent; deal with client questions about invoicing, referring them to the project manager if appropriate.
- Receivables - Take responsibility for receivable collection alongside the project managers who have ownership of the outstanding amounts on the projects they are responsible for; ensure non-project related including certain inter-office debts are being collected.
- Banking- Ensure any banking software used maximizes processing efficiency and maintains appropriate safeguards over the company’s assets; ensure that all Bank accounts are reconciled on a routine and timely basis.
- Collaboration – Attend regular virtual meetings with firmwide peers and Central finance group inside and outside of regular office hours.
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting. CPA – Preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of accounting experience with a minimum of 5 years as a Controller, Assistant Controller or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of Project Accounting experience.
- Experienced in a professional services firm.
- Experienced in Office Management, Staff Management, Budgeting, Financial Analysis, General Ledger, Payables and Receivables.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Hands-on, willing to work with staff and colleagues to enhance processes and comply with Firm Policies.
- Ability to interface and build relationships with Partners, Project Managers, Technical Staff and the Administrative Support Groups.
- Service oriented, accountable, collegial and hard-working.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and to thrive in a matrix organization.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work flows, manage demands and conflicts.
ShanghaiRoom 1912-14 19th Floor Shanghai Two ICC
No. 288 South Shaanxi Road Xuhui District Shanghai
Shanghai Shi 200031
cn +86 21 6032 0555