Protecting the integrity of both IT systems, networks and data has become a key goal of organisations globally, and Security Analysts play a key role here. As a Security Analyst you will be responsible for planning and executing initiatives designed to defend an organisation’s IT system against cyber-attacks. In addition, Security Analysts monitor and respond to data breaches, and actively participate in incident management and remediation. As cyber threats evolve at a rapid pace, Security Analysts are expected to stay up to date with the latest security risks, and correspondingly, stay abreast of emerging security initiatives. As a senior member of the IT team, Security Analysts must be able to communicate security concerns, needs, and solutions to colleagues including those without an IT background.
- Planning and implementing security measures applicable to systems, networks and data.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of software and other security applications.
- Research new threats and security tactics.
- Respond to, and document, security incidents.
- Communicating security concerns to a broader team and develop effective solutions.
A degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Security or related fields is essential for candidates seeking a Security Analyst role. Do note, some employers may require expertise in particular high level programming languages such as C++, Java or Scala, plus experience with Window and/or Linus operating system.
As well as formal qualifications, candidates will also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- A genuine passion for security issues.
- A deep understanding of networks, systems and security applications.
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies.
- Attention to detail – even the smallest weakness in a system can provide an opening for hackers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad IT team.
- Attention to detail.
Search for security analyst jobs in China below:
Browse through our current list of IT & technology jobs in China below, or contact a Robert Half recruitment consultant to discuss further opportunities.